Thursday, January 29, 2015
Pastor Rob is preaching this week.
It is Communion Sunday.
Here is what’s happening this week & beyond:
- Saturday, January 31st: Men’s Breakfast at 8:30AM. Men, come and enjoy fellowship and good food.
- Dan and Adrienne are moving this weekend. If you want to help you can! Just be here after men’s breakfast. There are other ways you can bless this family during this time of transition. If you want to know how, just send us an email: email@example.com
- Leadership Board meeting is coming up February 9th at 7PM. It is always good to pray for the leaders of Living Hope!
- Pastor Kyle & Christina’s first Sunday with us is Sunday, February 15th. Many of our church family will be gone that week (youth at Snowblast, couples away for Valentine’s day Weekend…) so our big welcome Sunday will be February 22nd. Which brings us to February 22nd…
- Welcome Sunday for Pastor Kyle & Family. We will have a lunch together after church on the 22nd. Christine Wayson is coordinating this event. Please email the office if you would like to help.
Pray for Pastor Kyle & Christina Welstad: They will begin their ministry here officially on Sunday, February 15th. Pray for this huge transition.
Snowblast: pray as the youth and leaders prepare for this event. It is BIG and has lots of spiritual impact on the kids and the friends they bring.
This Sunday we will celebrate our commitments to Christ during a covenant renewal service. It will be full of music, scripture and liturgy.
Here is what’s happening this week & beyond:
- Sunday, October 12th, John Wesley service: The focus of this service is to make or renew our commitment to God. A brief explanation of the service “This service comes to us through John Wesley, the forefather of our theological tradition. For him what it meant to be a mature disciple of Christ was the joining of believers in a covenant “to serve God with all our heart and with all our soul.” He urged his Methodist followers to renew, “at every point, our covenant, that the Lord should be our God.” –John Wesley is one of the founders of the Methodist Church and our Theology.
- Sunday, October 12th, Lunch together after our Wesley service. Elizabeth is asking for volunteers to bring food. Please call her if you are able to bring something (206-913-9615)
- taco seasoned chicken
- taco seasoned ground beef
- grated cheese
- hard taco shells
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- sour cream
- re-fried beans
- Monday, October 13th, The Leadership Team is meeting an hour early this month, at 6PM.
- Saturday, October 25th: Men’s Breakfast is a great time to get to know the other men of Living Hope! Breakfast is at 8:30AM here at the church. Talk to Bill Rus by phone 425-481-1046, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or with any questions.
- It is time to start collecting donations for our annual Christmas Auction. Please start looking & asking for donations in your sphere of influence. Our Christmas Auction is Saturday, December 6th @ 5:30 PM.
Small groups are forming now. If you would like to host a small group or join one, please email Rob Noland at email@example.com
- Curtis Hall has a small group that just started meeting at Cascadia CC. Please pray for this new group! They are being intentional about reaching the large population of foreign students at the college.
- Gene is undergoing radioactive iodine therapy to treat his Thyroid cancer. It is not a fun process and he has to be separated from people for a while. Pray that the treatment is effective and successful.
- Pray for our daycare as we undergo some major staff changes.
Do you have a prayer request or an announcement that you would like to send out in the Living Hope Connector? Email your request to the office by Wednesday at noon & we will add it to our list.
Sunday Night Prayer: The prayer time on Sunday evenings is time well spent. What started out as praying for the church finances has become so much more. This prayer meeting is having a positive effect on individuals, families and the congregation as a whole. There have been healings, forgiveness and resolutions. Come for a week or two, you will be very glad you did.
Church Workday: On the last Saturday of each month we will be holding a 1/2 day workday. Starting at 9:30 AM and finishing up at noon. (right after men’s breakfast). The Trustees will have a list of projects that need completed. Please come and help get the church in top shape! Next workday: Saturday, August 30th.
Wednesday, September 3rd: Youth Group Fall Kickoff at 6:30. Come and have Pizza with Curtis & the rest of the youth group.
Sunday, September 14th: Church Picnic & baptism celebration. Check out the feature post for more information.
Nursery Volunteers: We are looking for volunteers to staff our Nursery. If you are interested in volunteering once a month please sign up with Cindy Howards today or email the office at livinghopeFMC@comcast.net. This is an important ministry to parents of small children.