This Sunday we will celebrate our commitments to Christ during a covenant renewal service. It will be full of music, scripture and liturgy.
Here is what’s happening this week & beyond:
- Sunday, October 12th, John Wesley service: The focus of this service is to make or renew our commitment to God. A brief explanation of the service “This service comes to us through John Wesley, the forefather of our theological tradition. For him what it meant to be a mature disciple of Christ was the joining of believers in a covenant “to serve God with all our heart and with all our soul.” He urged his Methodist followers to renew, “at every point, our covenant, that the Lord should be our God.” –John Wesley is one of the founders of the Methodist Church and our Theology.
- Sunday, October 12th, Lunch together after our Wesley service. Elizabeth is asking for volunteers to bring food. Please call her if you are able to bring something (206-913-9615)
- taco seasoned chicken
- taco seasoned ground beef
- grated cheese
- hard taco shells
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- sour cream
- re-fried beans
- Monday, October 13th, The Leadership Team is meeting an hour early this month, at 6PM.
- Saturday, October 25th: Men’s Breakfast is a great time to get to know the other men of Living Hope! Breakfast is at 8:30AM here at the church. Talk to Bill Rus by phone 425-481-1046, or by email email@example.com for more information or with any questions.
- It is time to start collecting donations for our annual Christmas Auction. Please start looking & asking for donations in your sphere of influence. Our Christmas Auction is Saturday, December 6th @ 5:30 PM.
Small groups are forming now. If you would like to host a small group or join one, please email Rob Noland at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curtis Hall has a small group that just started meeting at Cascadia CC. Please pray for this new group! They are being intentional about reaching the large population of foreign students at the college.
- Gene is undergoing radioactive iodine therapy to treat his Thyroid cancer. It is not a fun process and he has to be separated from people for a while. Pray that the treatment is effective and successful.
- Pray for our daycare as we undergo some major staff changes.
Do you have a prayer request or an announcement that you would like to send out in the Living Hope Connector? Email your request to the office by Wednesday at noon & we will add it to our list.